Thursday, August 4, 2016

How To Write Meaningful Vows

If you're like most brides and grooms (who probably won't admit they did this) you don't want to wait until the night before or even the day of to write your wedding vows. Though there have been many a wonderful vow written in lightening speed before trotting down the aisle, these are the promises that you're making to your significant other for the rest of your lives, so it goes without saying that a little forethought might be helpful.

At Historic Pinecrest, there's nothing more romantic than watching a bride and groom who are absolutely, madly in love with each other speaking words of undying affection. We love it, and that's why we love assisting couples with their weddings! Here are a few ways you can get over the writer's block you may be having when writing your vows.


1st. Declare Your Love

This is the sappy, gushy love part that everyone loves so much! You can keep it short and simple, by saying what they mean to you, following it up with why they are amazing, and finishing it with saying "I love you."

Start with saying how much they meant to you.

"Adam, you are the one my heart loves."
"Clara, you are my very best friend."
"You are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Don't forget to add a few words about why they are SO wonderful:

"You make me feel like I'm capable of achieving all of our dreams."
"Your smile gives me butterflies, and every time you walk in the room I can't take my eyes off of you."
"Your humor keeps me laughing, your kindness keeps me humble, and your love keeps me strong"

End it with "I Love You."

"I am completely in love with you."
"Your smile takes my breath away, and your love has taken my heart, I love you."
"I can't imagine being anywhere else but here at your side."

You did it! You've finished the whole first section. Only a few more to go before you're done, though.

2nd. The Promise
It's time to get a little more serious, this is where you think about what you're promising to do for your future spouse in your new life together. Sometimes couples make this funny, by promising to warm each other's feet every night, or promising to never put olives in the dinner because they dislike them so much. While other couples keep it traditional and serious. Be sure you speak with your oficient about your vows and make sure they don't have any religious or otherwise important details you should know about.

Here are a few examples of promises you can make. 
If you are religious, you'll probably want to include that into your vows.

"Before God, our family, and our friends, I promise to love you, cherish you, care for you, and be patient with you until the day I die."
"I promise to be loving and patient with you. I promise to love our children, and show them what it means to be a loving spouse."
"I pledge to respect you, honor you, and love you. I will encourage your dreams and treat you as an equal"

Think of a few things you want to do with your partner over the years.

"I will stand beside you through all of life's adventures.
"I can't wait to grow old with you, and tell our grandchildren the story of our love."
"I'll work side by side with you to create the dream we have for our family and our future."

Add a promise to be there no matter what.

"In the good times and bad, I will stick with you, support you, and love you."
"When you're sad, I will comfort you and when you're weak I will be your strength."
"If it rains, I'll dance with you, if it's sunny, I'll enjoy the journey. Through thick and thin I'm here."

For the rest of time ...

"... all of my days I will keep these vows to you."
"... as long as we both shall live."
"... for all of eternity."

Getting Married in Colorado Springs

Follow this guideline when you aren't sure what to write in your vows, or even where to start. Don't be afraid to get wordy, and include a lot - you can always cut it down shorter if you need to. From large weddings in Colorado Springs to small intimate affairs with only the closest relatives, there's still nothing that brings a tear to our eye like a beautiful set of vows that are written by the couple. Are you ready to book your wedding and start down the journey of matrimony? We would love to be your Colorado Springs wedding venue! Visit our website to learn more about our facility and wedding packages!

A Beautiful Wedding Awaits...

106 Pinecrest Way
Palmer Lake, CO 80133

Call or text for a private tour!
719-357-8613

Follow us on





No comments:

Post a Comment